When you know that your life transition is a sacred journey, a Hero’s Journey, you now know that you are a hero in a quest for her full powers, rather than an unwilling participant in a major change in yourself and your life.
When you can remember that you are a hero, despite how we might be feeling on any particular day, you will feel more empowered in your journey.
What do we need to be heroes, on our life transition journey? What will support us in remembering the larger context of what is really going on, that this is a sacred time and a sacred journey for us?
Three things will be essential in supporting us:
The perspective of life transition as a hero’s journey is a powerful one, because it reminds us that we are on a quest to retrieve our full creative powers.
We may not have chosen our life transition, but we are in control of our choices and responses, and how we think about our journey.
Accessing our internal spiritual resources, which is something that heroes do, gives us clarity, power, energy, and focus.
We are heroes on a journey to know our full, authentic powers, intuition, and creativity.
We have an important and unique contribution to make, that will give us a sense of meaning and purpose. Our journey is one of discovering the nature of that contribution.
Why is perspective important and useful for you?
Consciously changing your perspective is a powerful tool that you can use to remain empowered, in any situation. The way you choose to think about something, or the perspective you hold about it, determines how you feel about it.
This isn’t about making stuff up in a Pollyanna sort of a way, it’s about finding what else might be true, and consciously choosing to hold a perspective that helps you feel more empowered.
The perspective of a Hero’s Journey will help you remember that you are a hero with special, unique powers.
Practices are what will help you move through your life transition journeys with clarity, power, and focus.
They are the things you can do regularly to remain empowered in your journey, and to sustain your energy.
The Hero’s Journey myth helps you understand what practices will have the most impact for you.
Here are what heroes do:
- Regain a feeling of control; acknowledge that it’s a journey and that you are a hero.
- Manage the stress of your life transition.
- Let go of the non-essentials of your life, inner and outer.
- Navigate the unknown territory of your life transition, using your inner compass.
- Embody and sustain the authentic power and energy of your True Self.
- Claim the authority of your own voice and truth.
- Make your unique contribution to your world, giving you a sense of meaning and purpose.
There are tools that you need to do your practices.
Here are some examples of the types of tools that will help you access your internal spiritual resources:
- Guided visualization
- Written, guided journaling
- Creative journaling, using collage
These tools will help you use your intuition to guide you in your life transition journey.
Our inner guidance is our most powerful tool for navigating the unknown territory of life transition.
Most of us haven’t learned to access our inner guidance effectively and reliably, or, if we have learned it, we don’t access it very consistently. It isn’t something that is widely encouraged and supported in our culture, but it is absolutely available to all of us.
It is truly your secret power in life transition.
Here’s How I Can Help You
Life Coaching is a powerful process that will help you do all of the above activities more effectively and efficiently than going it alone.
The Inner Compass Daily Orienting Kit will help you in deepening your relationship with your True Self, so that you can access inner guidance consistently and reliably.
Free resources to help you navigate the unknown territory of your life transition:
- Like my Facebook page for tips, tools, and new resources.
- Get my free Inner Guidance Hotline Kit by filling in the information at the top of the right sidebar on any page on this site.
- Sign up for my Blog, where I share my own journey (scroll down the right sidebar until you see “Follow the Wayfinding Blog”).
- Check out the Freebies + Kits page on this website for info and tools on life transitions.
Menopause is the ultimate retrieval of our full powers. It’s the quintessential Hero’s Journey for women. If you are in peri-menopause or menopause, check out the Your Menopause Journey section of this site; it’s especially designed to support you.